Drive or Walk Testing! Evaluate your network.
Every good Radio Frequency design, after its implantation, should be evaluated. There are a few ways to do this, for example through analysis of KPI or through prediction tools and signal interference. Another very common and efficient way to evaluate the network is conducting a Drive Test. But what is it?
The name is intuitive: take a drive-test. The Drive Test is a test performed in cellular networks regardless of technology (GSM, CDMA, UMTS, LTE, etc. ...). This means collecting data on vehicle movement. Its variation is also intuitive: Walk-test for example collects data by walking areas of interest.
The analysis of drive tests is fundamental for the work of any professional in the field of IT and Telecommunication comprising two phases: data collection and data analysis.
Although through the analysis of KPI's we can identify problems such as dropped calls, among others, the drive tests allow a deeper analysis in the field.
Identifying areas of each sector of coverage, interference, evaluation of network changes and various other parameters.
The most popular and widely spread communication devices in our time, are smartphones and tablets. Wireless communication is omnipresent nowadays and end-users are connected permanently with one another, regardless of their whereabouts. In locations such as airports, train stations, shopping malls, subways and walking zones, they have reached the highest ranking for wireless communication. Professional and consistent testing in such areas are necessary for mobile operators, to guarantee end-user satisfaction. Testing in indoor or walking areas can only be done with a portable solution (e.g. Xpack). The Xpack case, holding up to 4 MicroPuxes, enables testing in a very efficient way and delivers reliable results, regardless of the location. These test operations can be carried out by a nontechnically skilled person. Xpack is supplied with 1 LiPo battery pack (optionally with 2) that enables testing for several hours, with 2 battery packs, a complete working day. All PIXIP.NET Probes are Drive-Test ready. MiniPUX and even PUX Probes can easily be mounted in a car and connected to cigarette lighter 12V connector. All probes are capable of transmitting the test results over mobile network and for the case there is no network available, they can just hold the results of few weeks locally and upload them later, as soon as a connectivity is available.
In the case of optimization for indoor locations and walking areas, the collected measurement data will be used to optimize the mobile operator’s network in a specified area and to perform different types of analysis (RF, network, service).
- 180° Testing coverage – Service Testing, Roaming, VAS Testing, Benchmarking, Radio, POLQA/ PESQ/MOS, Portal Testing, Content Validation, Device Compatibility, VIP Customer Care
- Network independent (2G / 3G / 3G+ / LTE / LTE+ / DSL / LAN / WiMAX / PSTN / ISDN)
- Most comprehensive test case library (Call, SMS, MMS, Email, FTP, HTTP, WAP, Portal Testing, DNS, Ping, Video/Audio Streaming, TCP/UDP, VAS)
- Complex Cross Service Testing capabilities (i.e. WAP Browsing + RTSP, HTTP + SMS, Call + USSD, etc.)
- Best Practice for Product based Testing – pre launch phase or live (i.e. Video- or Music Portals)
- Link Less Testing – Test probe communication over the air (2G/3G/4G automatic mode)
- Stationary, Mobile and Drive testing capabilities
- Network Radio Parameter Monitoring during standard tests carry out
- Ad Hoc and field testing capabilities for fast problem verification
- Handset profiling and inter compatibility tests capabilities
- Handset Profile Recorder for additional handset Profiles generation within few seconds
- Blackberry Testing
- SIM Array Sharing (One SIM Array for multiple Installations or many SIM Arrays connected to the same Installation)
- Easy probe distribution using Plug and play mechanism
- Remote test software update, even over the air
- Easy probe units management and configuration over the air (SMS) and over LAN
- Probe unit monitoring / alarming
- Probe Unit Remote Access and Remote Login, even over the air
- Multi user web based application with comprehensive access rights management Personalized web based access on management console
- Plug-in based system (new modules can be added quick and easy)
- Standalone rapid test scenario designer (XMASS RDS)
- Layer 3 tracing capabilities (optional)
- Build-in IP Tracer for depth analysis
- Automatic HTTP and WAP test scenario creation using HTTP/WAP Recorder
- Test Scenario exchange between different user und different platforms using standard XML format
- Test results local storage capabilities on probes (backup)
- Network, Provider, Technology and Band forcing
- Enterprise QoS platform – one system to test all services from voice to products like music portal
- Module based platform enabling step by step growth
- Low-cost test probes – mass testing possible
- One single system for different user groups like radio and network testers, service testers, portal testers and product testers
- Future safe system – module based extension for new services or new network technologies
- Full featured web-based Reporting, Monitoring and Alarming System included
- Low installation costs – plug and play distribution of test devices
- Low support costs – unattended testing capabilities, remote access
- Stationary-, mobile-, drive-, field and on device testing with one single system
- Customized test scenario creation capabilities – no additional costs for new test scenarios
- Automatic test scenario creation using XMASS RSD and HTTP/WAP Recorder within few minutes
- Create Once, use everywhere – export – Import capabilities between multiple system installations
- Enterprise Integration with SAP and Business Objects platforms